Pacific County’s proportion of returned General Election ballots reached 46.5 percent as of 10 a.m. Monday, Nov. 5, in advance of Tuesday’s 8 p.m. deadline for voting. Out of a total of 14,187 registered voters in the county, 6,590 of their ballots are now in the custody of election officials in South Bend. Monday morning’s count added 934 ballots to the total since Friday morning.
The statewide ballot-return rate stood at 40.3 percent Monday morning.
Pacific County’s voter-participation rate in the most recent mid-term, non-presidential-year election was 63.15 percent in November 2014. To match that rate this year, an additional 2,369 ballots must be mailed back or placed in drop boxes by this Tuesday at 8 p.m.
There are several drop-box locations in Pacific County:
• Pacific County Courthouse, 300 Memorial Ave, South Bend
• Long Beach County Annex, 7013 Sandridge Rd, Long Beach
• Washington State Patrol Parking Lot, 797 State Route 4, Naselle
• Department of Public Works, 211 Commercial St, Raymond
• Bay Center County Park, 2nd and Park St, Bay Center
• Chinook County Park, 11 Park Rd, Chinook