LONG BEACH — On Oct. 20 at 6:30 p.m. at the Elks Lodge in Long Beach there will be an opportunity to meet the candidates and discuss the issues presented in the upcoming election.
The agenda includes statements from candidates and provides an opportunity for community members to ask questions.
“This is a good time to see and hear the direction and position that each candidate envisions, and if elected what they will strive to achieve during their term in office,” organizers said in a press release.
Attending will be:
• State Sen. Dean Takko and Sue Kuel Pederson
• State representative candidates Teresa Purcell and Jim Walsh
• County commission incumbents and challengers Lisa Olsen, Steve Rogers, Frank Wolfe and Fred Hill
• Public Utility commission candidates Dick Anderson and Mike Lignoski
• Superior Court judge candidates Douglas Goelz and Michael Turner
Issues to be presented will be I-1433, the carbon emission tax; I-464, the campaign finance system; and I-1501, consumer protection fraud protection.
For more information call 642-3636.