LONG BEACH — Damian Mulinix, who died in March at age 42 following a stroke, started working for the Chinook Observer in various capacities in 2002. A self-taught photographer, his images make a unique contribution to the visual heritage of Washington state.
Sunday afternoon, April 7, was a perfect time to watch the motor lifeboats from Coast Guard Station Cape Disappointment practice breaking through the high surf below North Head Lighthouse.
Anna's and rufous hummingbirds — acting like tiny versions of the pterodactyls that once ruled earth's skies — are fighting over sugar juice at feeders all around Pacific County this spring.
- Felon voting rights legislation signed by Gov. Inslee
- Beachwatchers wanted for coastal observation and seabird survey team
- Democrats in Olympia pass new payroll tax, restrictions on household appliances and a bill favoring unions
- Daylight saving time year round passes Senate
- Bill to raise the age to purchase tobacco to 21 heads to governor to sign into law
- Salmon fishing seasons: Good opportunities for coho, some restrictions to protect low Chinook returns
- Cold War marvel decays on Columbia riverbank
- Audits showcase OBSD mishaps
- Razor clam dig OK'd for April 20-21 Razor Clam Festival
- Audit: North County ambulances purchase doesn’t follow state law