Firefighters battled a fire that spread from a cleared area near 151st and Pacific Avenue into surrounding shore pines Saturday afternoon. By about 2:10 p.m., mopping-up operations were underway. No structures were damaged. There was little wind to fan the blaze but conditions are bone dry. …
- Deputy fired, and county explains procedural process
- May 31 drowning victim identified
- Ilwaco woman guilty of intentionally feeding bears
- ‘Fiercely loyal’: IHS Class of 2021 graduates as one tight-knit family
- Tokeland history reverberates with motherly love
- Weekend tragedy: Coast Guard suspends search for 14-year-old swept offshore
- Pacific County Superior Court Report
- Hybrid beachgrass could mean trouble for Northwest coast
- Silent wounds: Glimpses inside the struggles of U.S. veterans
- Save money and help the planet with sustainable garden practices
A structure fire broke out at around 10:30 a.m. on April 14 in Long Beach at Our Place At The Beach motel. Several fire departments and emergency responders responded to the blaze, which produced dark clouds of smoke that could be seen for miles on the peninsula.
One of the Pacific Rim's worst modern disasters slammed Japan 10 years ago this week when a massive subduction zone earthquake struck on March 11, 2011, unleashing a tsunami that carried hundreds of victims and millions of pounds of debris out into the Pacific. More than 22,000 people lost t…
Coast Guard rescue underway for the fishing vessel Noyo Dawn off the coast of Long Beach. At about 11 a.m. the vessel was just beyond the breakers. Taken under tow by a Coast Guard vessel and en route to the Columbia entrance shortly before noon Saturday.