A fully engaged apartment fire was reported at about 10 a.m. Wednesday at 119 2nd Ave. SW in Ilwaco. A 24-year-old woman and her three children — a 4-year-old, 3-year-old and a 7-month-old — were safely evacuated. The 4-year-old alerted mom of the fire, which was contained at 10:20 a.m. Ilwa…
A small fire in the dune grass north of Bolstad beach approach on Long Beach reported at 11:30 a.m. July 3 was brought under control within about 15 minutes by the Long Beach Volunteer Fire Department.
Do you live in Washington State and want to help protect our state from the Asian giant hornet? If so, you may be interested in becoming a citizen scientist by putting up a trap and reporting your trapping results to the Washington State Department of Agriculture.
More than 100 protestors marched from Raymond to South Bend on Friday in support of Black Lives Matter, George Floyd and policing reform.
After a brief price strike ended Saturday with a marginally improved starting offer of $3 a pound from processors, Lower Columbia River crabbers hustled to get pots into the water fast as possible on Sunday, Dec. 29. Reporting from the Ilwaco waterfront at about 2 p.m. Sunday, Chinook Observ…
- Last call: Rod's Lamplighter turning out the lights
- Crackdown coming on businesses flouting virus rules
- Skate egg casings washing ashore
- Police chase in storm ends in arrest for multiple charges
- Four new covid-19 cases reported in Pacific County; seven active cases being monitored
- Leadership changes at WBH: Marquis steps down
- Letter: Chinook man is looking for justice
- Beach schools begin cautious reopening
- Obituary: David Helvey
- Crabbers accused of poaching, using stolen pots