Surfside resident Steve Flickinger captured this video of a sneaker wave on Oct. 17 during high tide at Seabreeze Lake and 350th outfall to the ocean note. Attached still photos show a sign above the outfall. White foam shows how high water came up. It's always a good idea to keep a close ey…
Turbulent late-summer weather created intense downpours on the Peninsula Monday and generated this waterspout in the ocean just off the Oysterville beach approach in Surfside at around 6:30 p.m. Unlike tornadoes, waterspouts typically do no serious damage, falling apart as they come onto lan…
Crew members from the Coast Guard cutter Steadfast interdict a go fast vessel in international waters of the eastern Pacific Ocean on July 18. They apprehended the suspected smugglers and seized about 2,300 pounds of cocaine.
A woman stranded on a cliff above the beach at Beards Hollow in Cape Disappointment State Park called for a rescue Friday afternoon at about 3:30 p.m. The Peninsula volunteer technical rescue team arrived at 4:20 p.m. and planned to either help her to the top or request aid from a U.S. Coast…
ICE detains Fabian Alberto Zamora-Rodriguez after a felony charge hearing for encouraging child sexual abuse at the Astoria courthouse on Thursday, July 18. Family and advocates surrounded Zamora-Rodriguez and were pepper-sprayed by ICE as they took him into custody.
- Four injured in Thursday morning pileup in Klipsan
- Practice tsunami sirens to sound Thursday: New maps show fastest footpaths to safer ground
- Suspicious death on beach near Grayland
- LB continues code compliance crackdown
- Two with mental illness sat in jail despite new law
- Big Brothers Big Sisters struggling to meet need
- Washington targets invasive aquatic weed discovered in Pacific County
- One Sky, One World Kite Fly for Peace
- It’s stitchcraft: Creativity weaves its spell on the Peninsula
- Jail Bookings 10-16-19