Sunday afternoon, April 7, was a perfect time to watch the motor lifeboats from Coast Guard Station Cape Disappointment practice breaking through the high surf below North Head Lighthouse.
Anna's and rufous hummingbirds — acting like tiny versions of the pterodactyls that once ruled earth's skies — are fighting over sugar juice at feeders all around Pacific County this spring.
Locals and tourists were out in force Sunday, March 3, for shirtsleeve weather and booming surf at North Head in Cape Disappointment State Park near Ilwaco at the southwestern tip of Washington state. The Olympics could be just made out on the northern horizon, while at our feet the narcissu…
- Felon voting rights legislation signed by Gov. Inslee
- Beachwatchers wanted for coastal observation and seabird survey team
- Democrats in Olympia pass new payroll tax, restrictions on household appliances and a bill favoring unions
- Daylight saving time year round passes Senate
- Bill to raise the age to purchase tobacco to 21 heads to governor to sign into law
- Salmon fishing seasons: Good opportunities for coho, some restrictions to protect low Chinook returns
- Audits showcase OBSD mishaps
- Cold War marvel decays on Columbia riverbank
- Razor clam dig OK'd for April 20-21 Razor Clam Festival
- Audit: North County ambulances purchase doesn’t follow state law