The sunrise on Feb. 4 over the Columbia River estuary illuminated scenes of amazing beauty, and the sounds of playing children and foraging hummingbirds. In center frame at the start of this video, Coast Guard Station Cape Disappointment safeguards the river's entryway.
After the snowiest night in about decade left close to half a foot in places, Long Beach Peninsula residents began digging out Monday morning, Feb. 4. School children celebrated the snow day, with classes canceled in Ocean Beach School District. The forecast calls for sunny skies and a high …
Interactions between a mass of driftwood and the high tide make for a natural spectacle at the north end of Benson Beach in Cape Disappointment State Park on a sleety Sunday morning.
An enormous old drift log about 4 to 5 feet in diameter and about 25 feet long was tumbled around by high tide on Benson Beach in Cape Disappointment State Park Sunday morning as snowy sleet fell all around. Rough water and other factors are causing considerable erosion at the popular Washin…
A Coast Guard aircrew aboard an MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter from Sector Columbia River medically evacuated an ill crewman Friday off the motor vessel Garnet Leader 25 miles off Willapa Bay, Washington. He was taken to Columbia Memorial Hospital in Astoria.
At about low tide Sunday afternoon, Cape Disappointment wave action wasn't very exciting. Supposed to be picking up, though, during the night. At 3:42 p.m. Sunday, the National Weather Service in Portland said: "Surf will increase this evening with breakers of 28 to 38 feet. Surf will decrea…
- Martin Jones gets a chance for new trial
- Coho 2019 forecast: Outstanding
- WDFW schedules two more clamming days for Long Beach/Ocean Park: April 20 and 21
- Former go-cart owner's wild ride is over: Merrill sentenced to six years for drug, gun deals
- Herrera takes stand against emergency declaration
- Crowd savors clams and blue skies
- UW study: Exposure to chemical in Roundup increases risk for cancer
- Measles outbreak gets second wind; More Clark County cases likely in coming weeks
- Long Beach/Ocean Park clam dig OK'd for this Sunday
- OBE, LBE Principal Cathy Meinhardt to retire