Crew members from the Coast Guard cutter Steadfast interdict a go fast vessel in international waters of the eastern Pacific Ocean on July 18. They apprehended the suspected smugglers and seized about 2,300 pounds of cocaine.
A woman stranded on a cliff above the beach at Beards Hollow in Cape Disappointment State Park called for a rescue Friday afternoon at about 3:30 p.m. The Peninsula volunteer technical rescue team arrived at 4:20 p.m. and planned to either help her to the top or request aid from a U.S. Coast…
ICE detains Fabian Alberto Zamora-Rodriguez after a felony charge hearing for encouraging child sexual abuse at the Astoria courthouse on Thursday, July 18. Family and advocates surrounded Zamora-Rodriguez and were pepper-sprayed by ICE as they took him into custody.
A suspicious object discovered in Seaview on Wednesday afternoon led law enforcement to cordon off blocks from 46th to 48th. The Washington State Patrol Bomb Squad was summoned to the scene as a precaution and determined at about 9:20 p.m. that the object was a non-explosive round used for t…
- Employee steals over $9,000 from Great NW Credit Union
- States set Lower Columbia River mainstem commercial gillnet fishing; Non-treaty gillnetters get 45 hours through Aug. 29
- Mayor ticketed for four-vehicle accident
- Editorial: Inslee should end his presidential campaign
- Blue whales spotted off Washington coast
- Guardsmen charged in rape case receive sentences
- Raymond man charged with possession of child pornography
- Long Beach hotelier buys Atomic Motel in Astoria
- Remote rescue boat
- At age 83, Bob Miller is high-flying recycled teenager