A small fire in the dune grass north of Bolstad beach approach on Long Beach reported at 11:30 a.m. July 3 was brought under control within about 15 minutes by the Long Beach Volunteer Fire Department.
Do you live in Washington State and want to help protect our state from the Asian giant hornet? If so, you may be interested in becoming a citizen scientist by putting up a trap and reporting your trapping results to the Washington State Department of Agriculture.
More than 100 protestors marched from Raymond to South Bend on Friday in support of Black Lives Matter, George Floyd and policing reform.
After a brief price strike ended Saturday with a marginally improved starting offer of $3 a pound from processors, Lower Columbia River crabbers hustled to get pots into the water fast as possible on Sunday, Dec. 29. Reporting from the Ilwaco waterfront at about 2 p.m. Sunday, Chinook Observ…
The completed North Jetty provides remarkable close-up views of the raging Pacific to the north and the calm, protected waters just inside the Columbia River entrance to the south. The smooth road surface makes a pleasant walking trail, but the structure wasn't designed for pedestrians and g…
- 2020 Rod Run canceled; garlic fest also falls to covid
- Popular Cape Disappointment Lighthouse trail closed by Coast Guard
- Chinook woman keeps her son’s memory alive
- Peninsula shoppers buy in to statewide mask order
- Crowded but not rowdy: Fourth of July passes without major incident
- Body found on Wahkiakum shoreline identified
- Once upon a time in Pacific County: McGowan: A town on the edge of memory
- Ocean Park honks to say farewell to pastor
- County confronts covid-era July 4 crowds
- Columbia Basin Hemp Introduces New 'Columbia Naturals' Line of Premium Topical CBD Lotions