NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ORDINANCE NO.102D In accordance with Chapter 65.16 RCW, Pacific County is publishing a summary of Ordinance No. 102D, Section 3, relating to excise taxes on real estate sales by imposing an additional quarter percent real estate excise tax. The full text will be mailed without charge upon request and can also be found on our website at www.co.pacific.wa.us. A public hearing to consider the proposed ordinance is scheduled for Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 10:00A.M, or soon thereafter, in the Commissioners’ Meeting Room of the Courthouse Annex, 1216 W. Robert Bush Drive in South Bend, WA. PROPONENT: County of Pacific, Board of County Commissioners, P.O. Box 187, South Bend, WA 98586. Telephone (360)875-9337, (360)642-9337, (360)484-7337 or (360)267-8337. FORMAL IDENTIFICATION: Excise Taxes on Real Estate Sales SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 102D Section 2. Real Estate Excise Tax – Capital Improvements In accordance with RCW 82.46.035, and in addition to the current state and local excise tax on the sale of real property imposed by Ordinance 102D, there is hereby imposed an additional excise tax on each sale of real property located with thin the official boundary of Pacific County at the rate of one-quarter of one percent (0.25%) of the selling price to be collected by the County as prescribed in RCW 82.46.060. At the conclusion of the hearing, the Board of Pacific County Commissioners may adopt, modify, or reject the proposed Ordinance, or may take other appropriate action. All interested persons are invited to attend this hearing and be heard. Written comments are encouraged, and may be mailed to the Board of Pacific County Commissioners, P.O. Box 187, South Bend, WA 98586. The hearing facility is “barrier free” and accessible by those with physical disabilities. Aids will be provided upon request for those with language/speaking or hearing impediments, but requests need to be received at least five (5) business days prior to this hearing. Such requests may be filed in person at the Commissioners’ Office (Suite “F” of the Pacific County Annex located at 1216 W. Robert Bush Drive in South Bend, Washington), by mail (P.O. Box 187, South Bend, WA 98586), or by phone (360/875-9337 or TDD 360/875-9400). Marie Guernsey, Clerk of the Board Published December 31, 2014 Legal No. 434-14
- Officers assaulted during DUI stop in Naselle
- Driver convicted of vehicular homicide for Sandridge crash that killed boy
- Long Beach officer attacked by cuffed man
- Tre-Fin officially opens retail market
- Wildlife officer nabs bear poacher
- Turmoil continues at Port of Peninsula
- School staff raise alarm over fate of IHS principal
- Bullying within jury ends in mistrial
- State track: Naselle tallies 5 more medals
- New yoga, wellness studio opens in LB
- Letter: What about a hearing for Ilwaco community center? (4)
- Letter: It's time for the north peninsula to incorporate (2)
- Letter: Let's reexamine tax cuts for the rich (1)
- Column: Next governor must try much harder with rural voters (1)
- Filing week underway for dozens of local positions (1)
- Obituary: Marva Jean Wirkkala Bott (1)
- Long Beach adopts consumer fireworks ban (1)
- Letter: Parade a great reminder of America's bright side (1)
- Suspect in chase and shooting still at large (1)
- Obituary: Kenneth Sonntag (1)
- Letter: Higher federal taxes won't fix what ails us (1)
- Long Beach passes consumer fireworks ban (1)
- Turmoil continues at Port of Peninsula (1)
Receive browser alerts on specific topics?
Sign up to receive news directly to your desktop. Click the bell icon in the nav bar, at any time to change your settings.
Sign the guestbook.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.