PENINSULA SENIOR ACTIVITY CENTER
21603 Pacific Hwy
On Jan. 17 beginning at 5 p.m., the public is invited to enjoy a chicken fried steak dinner, with mashed potatoes and gravy, salad and dessert for $8. Please be sure to sign up in the office.
There will be a meeting about neighborhood watch groups beginning at 6 p.m. on Jan. 24. All are welcome.
FRIDAY SCRAPPERS & OPEN SEW
On Jan. 25 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., the Friday Scrappers Sewing Class will be offered. Bring your sewing machine, scrap fabrics and sewing supplies. The cost is $1.
Breakfast will be served on Jan. 26 from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. The special is omelets made to order. The cost is $8. Or, you can enjoy pancakes and scrambled eggs with links or biscuits and gravy for just $6 per person.
Edward Jones invites you to attend the 8,000 Days Seminar on Tuesday, February 5, beginning at 4 p.m. at PSAC. With today’s rising lifespans, we could be facing roughly 20 or more years in retirement, which is approximately 8,000 days. This seminar is free however, pre-registration is required. To register, contact Becky or Laura at 503-325-7991 or email email@example.com.
Chess Club — Mondays at 1 p.m.
Ice Cream Social — Third Mondays at 2 p.m.
Line Dance Class — Mondays at 3 p.m.
Bridge — Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m.
Bunco — Second Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Cribbage — Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Chair Yoga — Mondays at 11 a.m. and Wednesdays, 11:15 a.m.
Pinochle — Wednesdays and Thursdays, 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Chair Yoga — Wednesdays, 10 a.m.
Tai Chi Classes — Mondays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Fitness Ball Drumming — 11 a.m. Thursday
Crafters — Fridays at 9 a.m.
Blood pressure checks — Fridays, 9 a.m. to noon
Quilts from the heart — First and third Fridays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Yoga — Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
Zumba — Tuesdays and Thursdays, at 9 a.m.
Senior Center Boutique — Daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Gifts, hand-works, collectibles and more.
Yarn Crafts — Fridays at 9 a.m.
Do you knit or crochet? Come join us on Friday mornings at 9 a.m. Bring your projects and join our crafters for coffee and snacks.
GRAYS RIVER VALLEY COMMUNITY CENTER
at JOHNSON PARK
30 Rosburg School Road
LIBRARY WINTER HOURS
Winter hours for the library are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday through Saturday.
Anyone needing to use the Library during any other time should contact a board member to open by appointment. Board members’ names and numbers are posted on the door.
• Join in with the coffee drinkers who gather Monday through Friday from 7 to 9 a.m.
• Monthly board meetings are the first Wednesday of the month at 11 a.m. All meetings are open to the public.
• Sewing Room hours are on Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• The center is available for weddings, reunions, etc. Make reservations by contacting Toni Fest, coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Grays River Valley Community Center is open to the public from noon to 4 p.m. and everyone is invited to come and enjoy the library, the exercise room, the gym, or the activity room where there is a pool table, a computer for public use, as well as the computers in the library.
See the center’s Facebook page for upcoming events or call 360-465-2310.