PENINSULA SENIOR ACTIVITY CENTER
21603 Pacific Hwy, Klipsan
Each Tuesday through the month of October Spanish classes will be taught by Brenda at the center starting at 4 p.m. Advanced reservations are required. The cost is $30 for six weeks, with space limited to 15. Call the office to RSVP.
LAST GARAGE SALE OF THE SEASON!
On Oct. 4 and Oct. 5 come to the center for a fantastic garage sale. Everything is half price, including items in the boutique. The sale runs both days from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
SLOPPY JOES FOR LUNCH
A lunch of sloppy joes will be served at 11:30 a.m. on Oct. 4 for just $5 per person. This is a good deal on a good meal.
ASTORIA UNDERGROUND TOUR
On Oct. 8, the center will host an underground tour of Astoria. Come tour Astoria’s Underground with Chad and Jeff. They will safely escort you through the tunnels while providing entertainment, history, personal accounts, comedy and maybe even some surprises. The tour is 45 minutes along clear pathways on one level, easy for most ability levels. Conditions can be cool and damp, dress appropriately. Cost of the tour is $15 per person. Please pay at the PSAC Office to reserve your spot. Groups are limited to 16 people per tour.
On Oct. 12 from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., come enjoy a breakfast at the center. The special is breakfast burritos for just $8, with the standard pancakes and eggs also available. This is always a great breakfast in a great environment.
Chess Club — Mondays at 1 p.m.
Ice Cream Social — Third Mondays at 2 p.m.
Line Dance Class — Mondays at 3 p.m.
Bridge — Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m.
Bunco — Second Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Cribbage — Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Chair Yoga — Mondays at 11 a.m. and Wednesdays, 11:15 a.m.
Pinochle — Wednesdays and Thursdays, 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Tai Chi Classes — Mondays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Crafters — Fridays at 9 a.m.
Blood pressure checks — Fridays, 9 a.m. to noon
Quilts from the heart — First and third Fridays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Yoga — Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
Zumba — Tuesdays and Thursdays, at 9 a.m.
Senior Center Boutique — Daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Gifts, hand-works, collectibles and more.
Yarn Crafts — Fridays at 9 a.m.
Do you knit or crochet? Come join us on Friday mornings at 9 a.m. Bring your projects and join our crafters for coffee and snacks.
30 Rosburg School Road
360-465-2310 or 360-355-0472
Johnson Park Center and is open to all age groups.
• Join in with the coffee drinkers who gather Monday through Friday from 7 to 9 a.m.
• Library hours are Wednesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Monthly board meetings are the first Wednesday of the month at 11 a.m. All meetings are open to the public.
• Sewing Room hours are on Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• The center is available for weddings, reunions, etc. Make reservations by contacting Toni Fest, coordinator at email@example.com.
• Johnson Park is open to the public from noon to 4 p.m. and everyone is invited to come and enjoy the library, the exercise room, the gym, or the activity room where there is a pool table, a computer for public use, as well as the computers in the library.
See the center’s Facebook page for upcoming events or call 360-465-2310.