LONG BEACH — Throughout the holiday season, you can expect to see more law enforcement making regular patrols along the south end of Pacific County. These patrols will target locations and parties where there may be underage drinking. Officers from Long Beach Police Department and Pacific County Sheriff’s Office have additional shifts planned for November and December when there are more people celebrating along the Peninsula.

These party-patrol shifts began back in spring 2013 and will continue through the end of 2013. If you have a tip related to an underage drinking party that is planned, you can make an anonymous report at the following numbers:

• Long Beach Police Dept. (Non-Emergency) — 642-9397.

• Pacific County Sherriff’s Dept. (TIPLINE) — 642-9300 Ext. #2847

• If the party is in progress, please call — 911

For more information about the Enforcing Underage Drinking Laws (EUDL) grant or the Party Patrols, contact Melissa Sexton, EUDL coordinator — 875-9343.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.