PACIFIC COUNTY — During the month of June, Long Beach Police Department and the Pacific County Sherriff’s Department will be working together to complete party patrols in South Pacific County.

These patrols will specifically target locations and parties where they believe underage drinking is occurring. These patrols are beginning now as many schools are releasing for summer break and others celebrate graduating high school. These patrols will begin in June, but there will be continued patrols throughout the summer months.

Chief Flint Wright from the Long Beach Police Department states, “This is part of an ongoing campaign to reduce underage drinking. The stakes are too high for our community to ignore this issue or to think that underage drinking is not that big of a deal. Times have changed and what was once accepted is no longer going to be tolerated. Local law enforcement is serious about taking on underage drinking and these party patrols should signal that.”

If you have a tip related to an underage drinking party that is planned you can make an anonymous report at the following numbers: Long Beach Police Dept. (Non-Emergency) 642-9397; Pacific County Sheriff’s Dept. (Tipline) 642-9300 Ext. #2847. If the party is in progress please call 911.

For more information about the Enforcing Underage Drinking Laws grant or the Party Intervention Patrols, please contact Melissa Sexton at 875-9343.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.