PENINSULA - The competition for the 2009 Washington State International Kite Festival poster is under way. Guidelines are as follows:
1. Entries are to be delivered to Campiche Studios in Long Beach (located at the corner of Pacific Way and Bolstad Ave.).
2. Entries must be delivered between the dates of March 2 and March 8, during regular business hours (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.). The full name of the artist, including address and phone number must be attached to the back of the artwork.
3. Judging will be completed by March 13. The artist is responsible for picking up his/her artwork after this date and before April 1.
4. A limited edition printing will consist of 350 posters to be signed and numbered by the artist. Printing and proofing will be the responsibility of the kite festival poster committee. It is the artist's responsibility to sign and number the prints as soon as they are received from the printer.
5. The artist will receive 15 non-numbered posters which are not to be available for sale until after the kite festival.
6. The artist will receive a royalty of $1,500, payable within 30 days of completion of all signing and numbering of posters.
7. Previous winners are excluded from entering the competition for a period of four years.
8. Artwork shall be no larger than: 32 inches wide by 17 inches high for horizontal entries or 17 inches wide by 32 inches high for vertical entries. (An approximate two-inch border will be added later on the left, right and top and about a five-inch border will be added to the bottom for the title block. Artwork need not include the title block as part of the art). It is preferred that the artwork be unframed.
9. Artwork shall be no smaller than 11 inches by 14 inches.