SEATTLE - The results are out for KING-TV's "Best of Northwest Escapes" for 2010. Congratulations to the following:
1. North Head Lighthouse took number 1 as "Best Lighthouse" and Cape Disappointment Lighthouse took number 4.
2. The Boardwalk in Long Beach took number 2 in "Best Places to Kiss." (The winner was Washington State Ferries.)
3. Boreas Bed & Breakfast, Long Beach, took number 3 in the "Best Bed & Breakfast" category.
4. World Kite Museum & Hall of Fame, Long Beach, tied for 4th place in the "Best Museum" category.
5. Fort Canby, Ilwaco - now Cape Dispapointment State Park - took number 3 for "Best Campground."
6. Mermaid Inn, Long Beach, took number 2 for "Best Motel."
7. The Inn at Discovery Coast, Long Beach, tied for 4th place in the "Best Romantic Hotel."
8. Long Beach took number 2 for "Best Beach" (Cannon Beach came in first). Last year, Long Beach was first and Cannon Beach was second.
Voting in the survey is conducted exclusively online at best.king5.com. More than 14,000 votes were counted this year.