A new cedar counter-top was installed last week at The Potlatch Lounge. The wood's place of origin was British Columbia. The piece took over nine months to dry and weighs over 500 pounds. The efforts of five men got it into the lounge and up on to its permanent perch. This beautiful piece of cedar replaced an old Formica counter-top, and matches the new cedar-lined walls in the lounge and restaurant. Owner Cliff Beck gave it three coats of the same material used on gym floors to give it that sheen and to prevent any scratches or marks. The lounge features live music on Friday and Saturday nights featuring Troy Lee Hunt Sr. playing jazz piano from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and Steve Dellzell from 8:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. For more information about this long-standing area favorite place to eat and drink, call 642-3490.
- Weyco and union talks fall through; next bargaining session Sept. 30
- Sandridge home destroyed by fire
- No deal! Muessig backs out sex charges plea at last minute
- Cranberry harvest expected to surpass last year's
- Weyco strike continues into 2nd week
- Shooting rocks small town of Lebam
- Obituary: Marshall Shaw
- Long Beach eyeing new vacation rental restrictions, regulations
- First fall clam dig canceled
- Rod Run 2022 Trophy Winners
Receive browser alerts on specific topics?
Sign up to receive news directly to your desktop. Click the bell icon in the nav bar, at any time to change your settings.