LONG BEACH - One May 5, at Six Card Charlie's in Long Beach it was the carriage that got carried away. The owners of the gambling hall and saloon, Dan Robinson and Joe Baseel, donated the wooden covered wagon to the Peninsula Saddle Club so it could be renovated and put back in use. Becky Davis, president of the club, and Sandy Alves accepted to donation. "We wanted to keep it in the community," said Robinson, "maybe it could be in the Loyalty Days Parade next year."
- Raymond murderer 'Crazy Shellie' released from prison
- Deputies abandon Teamsters and protections
- Kids, cops & Christmas: Children and officers bond during 11th annual event
- Kent contributors to pony up for recount after election loss
- Naselle Youth Camp dormant as agencies ponder ideas
- Father says son's attack was 'like a switch' going off
- Tuna fishermen cap solid season, 2022 albacore catch doubles dismal 2021 total
- Landslide cleanup disrupts major coast-Portland route
- Santa visits Ocean Park
- Long Beach Police Blotter
Receive browser alerts on specific topics?
Sign up to receive news directly to your desktop. Click the bell icon in the nav bar, at any time to change your settings.