OCEAN PARK - Ocean Park School celebrated Martin Luther King day with an assembly on Friday, Jan. 15. The assembly was organized by the Associated Student Body and their advisor/teacher, Kelly Jacobsen. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by ASB President Emily McMillan. Mr. Robinson's fourth grade class recited a play about the life of Martin Luther King Jr. Mrs. Curry's kindergarten/first grade class (above) sang a song commemorating his birthday and his dream of world peace. Music teacher Bob Walter concluded the festivities leading the whole school singing "We Shall Overcome."
- One killed in Ocean Park knife attack
- Klipsan Beach shooting details released
- Court filings recount knife attack and heroics
- Random bullets strike Ilwaco home
- Long Beach's 2023 fireworks ban scrapped after date snafu
- Long Beach puts pause on vacation rental permits
- Wildfire continues in forest land just north of county
- First Nation celebrates First Salmon
- Beacon RV Park owners moving forward with eviction attempt
- Two on motorcycle injured in collision with bear
Receive browser alerts on specific topics?
Sign up to receive news directly to your desktop. Click the bell icon in the nav bar, at any time to change your settings.