Lt.Col. William Wade Peterson

OLYMPIA — Lt. Col. William Wade Peterson passed away peacefully on Aug. 22, 2017, in Olympia at his assisted living facility. He was born to William and Dorothy Peterson in Seattle on June 30, 1930.

Wade grew up in Southwest Washington and graduated from Ilwaco High School in 1948. He married the former Reita Jean Britt in 1952 and graduated from Washington State College that same year with a B.S. degree in Wildlife Management. Wade had a 20-year career in the U.S. Air Force as a weather officer and pilot and retired to Washington state in 1973 after taking the family all over the United States and Germany.

He began a second career in the U.S. Forest Service with the Olympic National Forest in 1974. He retired for good in 1992 after working at the ranger stations in Shelton, Hoodsport and Quilcene. He loved to fish and upland bird hunt and had numerous hunting dogs over the years to chase pheasants, chukars and quail.

Wade is survived by his wife, Reita; his sister, Marcia Patience (Don); his sister, Gretchen Dixon (Bob), his brother Bill Peterson (Carolyn); his sister Barbara Peterson; his daughter Christina, his son, William W. Peterson Jr. (Sue); and his son Jon (Lisa); four grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.

He was laid to rest with full military honors at Tahoma National Cemetery on September 22, 2017. Thanks to all those who helped care for Wade over the last several years and to Providence Hospice.

Sign A Guestbook

Offer a personal message of sympathy...

By sharing a fond memory or writing a kind tribute, you will be providing a comforting keepsake to those in mourning. If you have an existing account with this site, you may log in with that below. Otherwise, you can create an account by clicking on the Log in button below, and then register to create your account.

(0) entries

Sign the guestbook.

Thank you for helping us ensure that all guest book entries are positive and considerate. If you see a negative or inappropriate comment, please click on the link in the comment to report it, and a staff member will follow up immediately.