With Enron being in the news again, here is some information about them that most people do not know.
1. Enron's chairman did meet with the president and the vice president in the Oval office.
2. Enron gave $420,000 to the president's party over three years.
3. Enron donated $100,000 to the president's inauguration festivities.
4. The chairman of Enron stayed at the White House 11 times.
5. Enron had access to the administration at its highest level and even enlisted the Commerce and State Departments to "grease" deals for it.
6. The taxpayer-supported Export-Import Bank subsidized Enron for more than $600 million in just one transaction. This is scandalous!
However, before you get all up in arms, the president under whom all this happened was not George W. Bush. Surprised? This all took place during the Clinton Administration. Seems to me like Enron wasn't the only criminal in this situation.